Why do we say find your calling? Why not find your job or find your career?
Because young people today (and frankly, all of us) want something more than merely a way to earn a paycheck. We want a job with real meaning. We want to know we are doing something valuable for the world.
An article in Fast Company supports this: “Millennials want to work and—despite being shackled by debt, recession, and the jobs crisis—they aren’t motivated by money. Rather, they’re driven to make the world more compassionate, innovative, and sustainable.”
This is one of the missions of Find Your Calling. Our goal is to help people find the careers that fulfill our fundamental desire to make a difference. But this raises the question: How do you know that you’ve actually found your calling?
We found this helpful article that talks about seven signs you’ve found the calling for you. Take a look:
- Your calling is familiar (but not obvious)
- Your calling is something other people see in you (that you might fail to recognize yourself)
- Your calling is not easy (but parts of it may come naturally)
- Your calling requires trust (not perfect clarity)
- Your calling is full of failure (but success comes eventually)
- Your calling is not just one thing (it’s a few things)
- Your calling is not just what you did (but what you leave behind)
Get started today by taking FYC’s free Discovery Questionnaire!